Password checkup is the security extension tool for chrome browser offered by Google, which knows if the user’s current passwords have been hacked?
Whether user passwords are subject to data bridge and are no longer secure. This tool alerts the user through the drop-down menu box if the user’s password is tampered with.
Google warned millions of there users about the hack. For this, Google has also added the password checkup add-on feature in the Chrome browser, through which users can check their password.
According to Google, the reason behind the launch of this new feature is to secure user credentials. With the help of the extension, the user can check their password whether it is hacked or not.
How to use the Google Password Checkup Tool?
Google password checkup is very easy to use. For this, you just have to install & activate its google chrome extension.
For this, you have to follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open the chrome browser on your computer.
Sign in with your Google Account.
Then go to the Chrome Web store.
Install Password checkup extension.
Step 2: After installing the extension, its Icon will appear on the right side in the browser bar. Now login to any site in the Chrome browser.
- If your password is hacked, then the color of the password checkup extension will turn red and you will be advised to change the password.
- If that password is not in the hacked list, then the color of the extension will remain green and there will be no warning shown.
Step 3: After installing the password checkup extension, its Icon will appear in the browser bar, you can right-click on it and go to Manage Extensions and turn on / off the password checkup extension.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the three-dot menu> extensions on the right.
- Search for a password checkup in the extension list.
- Now you can turn password checkup extension on or off.
For this, you go to the password checkup advanced settings and click on clear extension data.
In this way, you can use a Google extension tool very easily and can do a security checkup of your password.
That’s it Folks on this topic. Let us know your comments on this article in the comment box below. Kindly like our facebook page, follows us on twitter and subscribe to our YouTube channel for latest updates.